Tuesday, May 4, 2010

When Brothers Share A Wife.

I never knew that in other cultures it was even acceptable to share a wife, let alone somewhat common. When I started rading this I was really "grossed out" because to us in America, it is just not right to just SHARE someone so openly, especially in a sexual mannor. As I continued to read on I realised that they did this simply because it was convienient for them. They wouldn't have to split up the family land, animals, or money and they would always be together. They way I see is it why couldn't they each just get their own wife and live together as a big happy family? Also, the wife says that she thought that there would be more money coming out of the marrige since it was three husbands working to support her and her children, what happened to love? Does it not hurt that woman that she does not belong completely to one man? A man that she can depend on to love her with every part of him and will always be there for her no matter what? There is no possible way that any of those brothers can feel that way about her because if they did there is no way they could share her.

No comments:

Post a Comment