Tuesday, May 4, 2010
Law, Custom, and Crimes Against Women.
The very first section of the article threw me for a loop. I cannot believe that anyone could do that to his wife after just being married with his mother's help and to find out that it happens often. I understand that in Indian cultures things are very different then they are here in the US, however what that man and his mother did to his wife was just wrong. I feel that divorse or as bad as this sounds, punishment, should have taken action before murder. I don't care what part of the world you are in, if your wife has done something or is acting some way that you or your family may not approve of, fix it! To read that this happens often and sometimes the evidence is not ledgible, that they blame it on a kitchen accident, suicide, or random murder when they know someone is to blame, it just makes me sick. I think that they would be able to see this if the husband or husband's family was demanding more from the female's family after the marrige and did not get what they want how the husband could have played his role in his wife just going up in flames. I feel terrible that that woman had to go through such torture but all I can say is I am glad that she lived long enough to tell the truth about what happened to her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment