Wednesday, May 5, 2010
Law, Custom, and Crimes against Women
Holy cow, this is awful. I can't believe I have never previously heard about dowry deaths. In America, a marriage and the honeymoon period are supposedly some the best times of a relationship, it is infathomable to me that a husband could set his wife on fire directly after the marriage ceremony. There's just so much cultural difference in this article for me to really even begin to comprehend what they're saying. Just the fact that the husband must pay the husband to take his daughter is wrong in itself in my view. I would have to agree with the introduction to this article, which states that there are some practices that are not healthy for a particular group of people. I don't really have any answers to this problem but I think its obvious that some drastic measures need to be taken to protect women from this horrible crime.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment