Wednesday, May 5, 2010

When Brothers Share A Wife

I just finished reading, When Brothers Share A Wife, and I have to say, I can see where their coming from. Not that I would want to mary a set of brothers or anything, but I think its important to remember that polygamy and incest were ones very common and exceptable things around the world. Although there are some medical reasons why incest is deemed wrong, I also think that the reason most people react to the word incest the way they do is because that's how we were raised. Obviously the people in these villages don't think its wrong or immoral or gross and I probably wouldn't either if I was born into that culture. Especially when you look at the economic benefits of sharing. I guess my reaction is that I certainly don't want to live that way, but I also don't really feel any disgust about the way these people live. It makes sense in their culture, and I don't really see anyone getting hurt by their system, so who am I to judge.

No comments:

Post a Comment