Monday, April 19, 2010

Male-Female Miscommunication

The article pretty much summed up everything I already knew; Women talk more than men, women use more words than men, men (unfortunately) continually respond with phrases like "mmmhmmm" and the way that female children communicate and play is different than that of male children. Language is a huge distinguishing factor in the difference between the sexes. As a female, I can spend 10 minutes with my husband after not seeing him for 10 hours, and not get much more than a grunt out of him, however, in return I will tell him every aspect of my day....even though, I know most of it is irrelevant to him. What about transgender individuals? Or even just homosexuals? I have many guy friends whom are gay, and the ones that are more feminine, definitely hold conversation like that of any of my female friends. I think that goes back to what I said about language being a huge distinguishing factor between the sexes, or even just whom you identify with.

No comments:

Post a Comment