Thursday, April 22, 2010
Joking Culture
All this time I thought a joke was just a joke and it never crossed my mind to think deeper into how people joke with different idividuals and groups. In Joking Culture, the writers define a few different features of a joke. While reading the different features it helped me open my eyes and think back to different jokes that I have heard in different groups, such as the difference between a joke I would say with my family compared to a joke i would say at work, or a joke I would say within my group of friends compared to what I would joke about in a room full of people I do not know. It is in our culture to understand the difference and when a joke is or is not appropriate infront of certian people. For me to think that way, it is unbelievable to me that there are still people who don't understand that and they just run their mouths to who ever, infront of who ever. I enjoyed reading Joking Culture because it was very informative about how different people and groups joke, I honestly think that more people should read it just to understand why sometimes their jokes either aren't funny or accepted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment